In recent times you would have seen you being tagged in some of your friend’s anonymous post which contains just some random tags or you yourself would have even been the victim of such an attack. You would have seen accounts flooding with malicious posts and shares. The victim’s account would be liking all sort of random posts and pages. This was a viral threat which some of my fellow users faced some time before. So its time to take some precautionary steps to safe guard our Facebook accounts.
- First of all if you feel that your account is hacked you need to make a report to Facebook. Follow this link to make your complaint. This would secure your account and get you some official sort of help.
- Time to tighten up some of your security settings. Get into Account Settings->Security->Secure Browsing and enable your Secure browsing option.
- Always be aware of your logins. Enable Login notification from Account Settings -> Security Settings -> Login Notification tab. So when ever you login form a never used before device , you would be notified .
- Clear all active sessions. Again get into Account Settings -> Security Settings -> Active sessions and clear off all your active sessions.
General Steps to Follow if Your Facebook Account has felt some attack :
- Report through this link at the earliest.
- Change your Password.
- Make your privacy settings more tightened up.
- Deactivate your account for a day.
- And then re-activate your account.
No assurity that these steps would solve your problem, but some of my friends had their problem cured following the above steps. So just give them over a try .
Have a Happy and Safe Social Networking .
Is your account tagging