When you wish to have a second site and if you don’t have multi domain hosting plans or another separate domain name in hand you can very well easily create a Sub-Domain and run your WordPress site on it. This Tutorial will guide you on how to create a Sub-Domain and Install WordPress on it.
Example Techtate has a subdomain site called code.techtate.com – only for posting complex codes.
Step 1: Creating Sub Domain
- Log into your cPanel account and scroll down to Domain Section. There click on Sub Domains.
- In the Sub Domain tab type your subdomain name. i.e, “code” for code.techtate.com.
- Enter Create.
- Now a Sub Domain is created for your site.
Step 2: Creating a Database
- Now you need to create a database for your new Sub Domain.
- Enter into your cPanel account and Databases area.
- Click on MySQL Database wizard.
- There enter in your database name, user name and password.
- Set all privileges to the user.
Step 3: Installing WordPress
There are two ways using which you can install WordPress into your Sub Domain.
1.Download WordPress From here.
2.Upload them manually in your Sub Domain root folder.
3.Make sure all your files are copied to public area too.
Fantastico De Luxe Installation
1. This would be a very easy WordPress installation for your sub domain. Find softwares and services tab from the cPanel and get into the Fantastico De Luxe.
2.There at the side you would have a option called WordPress under blogs.
3.Click on it and get into new installation area.
4.Enter your Sub Domain name where the WordPress has to be installed. A directory would automatically be created.
5.Then fill in the basic log in details and Admin mail ids.
Step 4:Changing WP-Config details
- Now you need to change the wp-config details when you do install wordpress manually. Get into your file manager.
- There search for wp-config details.
- Right click and hit code edit.
- There change all your database user name, database name and password to newly created ones.
- Save all changes.
Now your new WordPress site is all done. If the installation is done manually you need to first enter into your Sub Domain site which would automatically redirect you too WordPress installation. There install some primary things and you can run your site. Else if you had used the automatic installation then you can log into your WordPress admin page and start customizing your site.